- In 2014 there will be an up to around $80 billion increase in investments in risk management, IT, services and skills
- The main focus for businesses will be to enhance omnichannel services in order to boost customer satisfaction
- Businesses will benefit from additional revenue and operational value derived from Big Data
- In 2014 industry supply chain investments will increase two-fold due to retailers
- By the end of 2014 ERP, core merchandising, FAR, and planning investment will be driven by transformations within business at a growth rate of 8%
- Due to an increase in both globalization and integration product lifecycle management strategies will become more innovative and customer-focused
We begin this new year ready to further revolutionize market research and knowledge sharing, which we will accomplish by becoming an even more technologically-bolstered and globally connected firm.
2012 closed with a long list of accomplishments: our dedicated team worked hard to complete > 2,000 projects worldwide entailing more than 10,000 expert consultations from hydroelectric power in Alaska to new medical treatments in New Zealand. Continue reading
The Asian continent is an important market for Atheneum, which operates a research hub out of Shanghai. Atheneum has further reinforced its presence by welcoming Sebastian Vohradnik, a former member of Monitor Group, to its Management Team. Sebastian will be working in collaboration with David Chen, Chairman China, to expand the company’s reach and execution in China and the greater Asia Pacific.
Ammad Ahmad, Co-Founder and Chief Operating Officer at Atheneum, expressed his strong support for the addition: “Sebastian will be a great asset in solidifying our presence in Asia, both in expanding our expert network and client base across the region. We envision China to be one of our main research hubs that will allow us to provide 24/7 service with global reach and local depth. Sebastian brings the precise experience we require for building up our Shanghai operational team and ensure we continue a unified vision and quality worldwide.”
Sebastian is an entrepreneur at heart and further adds to the consulting and financial track record of Atheneum’s Management Team. He founded an e-commerce company based in the Czech Republic and operating across CEE, which is now a leading player in its market segment. Prior to that, Sebastian gained years of investment banking and M&A transaction experience with Ermgassen & Co. in London, a member of the Monitor Group and leading M&A boutique with a focus on cross border transactions between Europe, Japan and greater Asia. During his M&A career, Sebastian achieved a strong track record of projects in the industrial, e-commerce, consulting and renewable energy segments in Europe, South Africa and Asia.
Atheneum recently recruited members from its Financial Institutions Practice Group to participate in the PEVC in Brazil Forum. This investment conference was hosted by the Brazilian Private Equity and Venture Capital Association (ABVCAP) and Brazilian Trade and Investment Promotion Agency (Apex Brazil). The PEVC in Brazil Forum gathered leading European and Brazilian investors and advisors with a focus on Brazil. Various topics were discussed, including: the German and Brazilian investment environments, regulatory constraints, investment best practices and expert perspectives on future market growth in Latin America. Continue reading